Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Too big, too crowded

Sail Date: January 05, 2013

I didn't find this cruise as enjoyable as past ones. I do not think bigger is better. The lounge areas, piano bars, etc. are built to accompany multitudes. They invite stroll thrus and interruptions and lack any chance of intimacy with other people. The food was predictably fine, but this time the service was slow and the attitude indifferrent. We couldn't find any vacancy or chaise lounges availalbe on the open decks. I wish there had been some effort made to provide Catholic Mass for many of us who regularly attend weekene church services. I certainly like the Free Style Cruising. This is aout my 15th NCL cruise. I'd prefer a smaller, friendlier ship..
Our room steward (Nelson) was wonderful and very helpful. But the bathrooms, etc. were extremely too small.
Not much focus on ways for people to interact.