Too big, too crowded

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

invalid-33450
Sail Date: January 05, 2013
Ship: Norwegian Epic
I didn't find this cruise as enjoyable as past ones. I do not think bigger is better. The lounge areas, piano bars, etc. are built to accompany multitudes. They invite stroll thrus and interruptions and lack any chance of intimacy with other people. The food was predictably fine, but this time the service was slow and the attitude indifferrent. We couldn't find any vacancy or chaise lounges availalbe on the open decks. I wish there had been some effort made to provide Catholic Mass for many of us who regularly attend weekene church services. I certainly like the Free Style Cruising. This is aout my 15th NCL cruise. I'd prefer a smaller, friendlier ship..

Not much focus on ways for people to interact.

Our room steward (Nelson) was wonderful and very helpful. But the bathrooms, etc. were extremely too small.