Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Level of Service Not Up to Par

Sail Date: December 15, 2012

Traveled As: Family w/young children

The level of service on this ship was not up to par with any other cruise lines or ships I have been on. In the dining room, you would have to ask for items multiple times, meals took over 2 hours and drinks were rarely refilled. They also would ask for your drink order first and a lot of times drinks wouldn't come until after the meal came. 3 nights my appetizer plates weren't cleared until dessert. The kids program also was disappointing. They would not take your child if they were crying (well i have a 2 year old - 2 year olds always cry during separating and they should have taken her back and distracted her). They also didn't seem to know where my 4 year old was. Twice I came to pick him up and they said he was with the staff at lunch and then I found out later, my husband had already picked him up and he was really with them. They also misinformed us about the schedule and on port days, keep 2-17 year olds together in the same room, when we thought it was separated by age group.
The ship was nice but very closed off. No open areas and no large impressive atrium.
Food and Dining Service was horrible in dining room. Did not refill drinks, etc.
Traveled with 4 people and had no drawers for storage. My Parents had the same room for 2 people and had tons of extra storage.
level of service not great
Entertainment There wasn't many activities going on and when there was, several ended up being cancelled
They were only open in 3 hour increments during at sea days, so you had to pick up your kids every 3 hours. At port wouldn't take 2 year olds and misinformed parents a lot of the time.
they seemed limited compared to other cruise lines

The ice bar is not work the $20 cover. It is very small inside.