Ship was too big for our liking

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Sail Date: August 01, 2012
Ship: Norwegian Epic
The ship was OK overall, although the pool space was much too small for the number of people aboard. It wasn't a significant factor since we only spent one day on the ship while at sea.

We had cruised previously on a different line and were more impressed with their overall space and cleanliness but thought the staterooms on the Epic were better.

Buffet area was average but there were a lot of options for restaurants. Not overly pleased with the additional cover charge though. Can't say we had a \"wow\" meal.

In comparison to another cruise we were on\, many of the shows were second rate\, other than the Blue Man Group. The entertainment in bars was pretty good.

With the schedule of tours and early mornings\, it would have been nice to have a DJ in the disco at an earlier time. Karoake was on every night until 11:15.

I was asked when we booked the cruise if we had any special occasions. Since it was my 50th birthday\, I let them know. My husband and dining partners specifically advised the maitre d at one function and while he said he would look after something\, I got absolutely no recognition from anyone of what\, to me\, was a very important event.

No grand staircase or central area

Well laid out for the space.

Pros: Staterooms were very clean and functional

Cons: Pools were far too small for number of people aboard.

Recommends Norwegian Epic? No.