Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

The Epic not so Epic

Sail Date: June 01, 2012

I am an optimist, I am usually a very positive person but it was hard to be positive with the Epic.

The food and entertainment was mediocre except for the restaurants and shows you had to pay for. Except for the blue man group which was fabulous and included. The cirque show ($70.00 for a couple) was incredible and worth the price if I hadn't already paid $3000 for my wife and I to go on this cruise. I spent a good deal of time in the Casino and the Ships cut of all the tournaments and cash poker games is ridiculous. Don't do any of the shore excursions, do a little research before and find out what you want to see. Europe has an incredible train network and in most ports the trains are close and can take you to the destinations you want for very cheap.

Pros: The design and overall appeal of the ship is very pleasing

Cons: nickel and dimed for food, shows, and ridiculous prices for shore excursions that absolutely were not worth it.

Recommends Norwegian Epic? No.