Go on Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Norwegian Epic

7 Night Western Mediterranean (Barcelona Roundtrip)

Sail Date: May 27, 2012

Ship: Norwegian Epic

Review Summary

There are better options. The food was not very good and extremely repetitive. The my time dining is a joke because there's always a wait to eat in the main dining hall. They charge you for alot of things they shouldn't such as bowling, ice bar, and coffees. The 2 pools are pittifully small. While there are a few hot tubs, they're all overcrowded. The ports they took us to were no where near where we wanted to be. For example, Rome which is near the water was a 2 hour drive from wherever we docked. There is a first class area for people who book suites that is not open to anyone else on the boat (thus I never even saw it), but it's a steep upgrade in price. Standard room with a balcony was so tiny. All in all, there are better options.

Ship Experiences

Buffet options never changed. Main dining hall had a few new things nightly, but not enough. Dessert menu barely changed. Only meal I enjoyed was breakfast. Specialty dining was good, but costs more.

Shows were decent, but weren't enough of them. I saw 3 I liked.

Kiddie area was good and they had an arcade

Everyone was good

Room was so tiny. No walking space at all.

Pros: Water Slides

Cons: Food & Crowds

Recommends Norwegian Epic? No.