Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

An EPIC Experience

Sail Date: February 25, 2012

My wife and I had a great time and the staff was always smiling and eager to please. It is a huge ship and kept spotless. Not gowdy ike a cheap Carnival ship but very elegant and well kept.

Pros: Friendliness of crew

Cons: Too many surcharge restaurants

Recommends Norwegian Epic? Yes!

Clean and very well kept. Bed was very comfy. Only one person can dress at a time as it was tight and a bit small.
Acrobat show was very good but again you had to pay for it! It was a dinner show and food was small and only fair. It should be called FEE Style Crusing. The Casino Tounaments were not well run or organized. I won a round in the slot tounament and was in the finals. They had me wait two hours for all the next rounds only to tell me to come back in five days (Thurday) and I would be in the finals then. After rearranging my activities to be there I showed up only to be told I wasn';t in the finals at all and that someone beat me out. I never was told and never even knew I could have been knocked out without even being there. This pissed me off and was very poorly run. I heard work the Black Jack tourny had similar issues.
Decor was very nice and clean
Food was on par or slightly above other cruise lines we have been on. Problem was there are too many surcharge restaurants and it becomes more like which restaurant do you want to pay for tonight rather than Freestyle Cruising.
We never found anyone on staff that was not smiling, friendly, and willing to serve. This was the most pleasant surprise of this cruise. Since tips are pooled I was surprised to get such friendly service. I especially loved the Casino dealer from Romania (can't remember her name right now) She knew all the guests names and remembered them, talked about their day, remembered what you like to drink, and had a great personality. I also loved how she smiled as she took all y money :)