It was okay.

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Transatlantic

invalid-24610
Sail Date: May 07, 2011
Cabin Type: Suite
It was just okay. We also took a transatlantic cruise though, so my opinion may have been different if we had just cruised the Caribbean. It was an older crowd, which was disappointing, but I should have realized that before I booked it. Also the weather was rather cold. Only 60's during the day and pretty windy as well. The food was disappointing compared to Celebrity Cruise Lines. If we didn't want to pay extra to eat, we had only 2 options (which both offered the same menu) unless we went to the buffet. There was very little to choose from and the taste was rather bland. If we wanted to pay an extra $10-25 per person to go to the specialty restaurants, we did get good food. That was the main difference between Norwegian and Celebrity. On Celebrity we had great food every night and it wasn't extra. Also, I do feel like we had to pay extra for a lot of things (i.e. pool, air hockey, darts, bowling, etc...). It ended up being pretty expensive in the end. I would have rather paid more money up front for better quality.

except for the specialty restaurants...those were delicious.

Don't Miss: the hot springs were very neat!

Pros: our mini-suite was beautiful and modern

Cons: the food at the main restaurants

Recommends Norwegian Epic? No.