Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

I wont do Norwegian again

Sail Date: January 22, 2011

The ship was beautiful but there are not any good places to quietly watch the water go by like on the Carnival ships. The view from the #7 deck that runs down the side of the ship is obstructed by lifeboats with about a twenty foot gap in the middle. I loved the waterpark and layout of the pool area. More hot-tubs would always be better. The nightlife is kind of a hit or miss thing, not many nightclubs and they only have stuff for short periods of time. The studio staterooms are good for singles, I definately would not put a second person in the room. It would be nice if they could squeeze a flat spot into the room somewhere to lay stuff down. The "living room" for the studio is very nice with a really nice young lady that keeps it up, I like the whole "singles" thing they have going on.

Pros: The ship was beautiful, the food was great.

Cons: I did not like all the extra charges that are not advertised very well.

Recommends Norwegian Epic? No.

The casino, as in all the ships Ive been on was smoky but the air quality was a little better on this ship. Need more open air decks away from the pool area for quiet water viewing.
Blue Man group was great, one of the free shows onboard, also Legends in Concert was good. Didnt do any shows where there is an extra charge.
The food was great, didnt try any of the specialty, aka, extra charge restaurants because Carnival taught me a cruise is supposed to be inclusive other than alcohol. I did do the sushi restaurant, it was excellent. The orange juice I had to pay extra for at breakfast was excellent.
The studio stateroom is perfect for me as a single, however it would be nice if there was a small flat place to use as a desk or just a place to lay something down when you walk in the room. I found myself having to use a book to place my papers on so I could write. Bed was great, really liked the "mood" lighting in the singles cabins.
Everyone wonderful, thats all i got to say about that!