The Epic was truly EPIC!!

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Sail Date: July 01, 2010
Ship: Norwegian Epic
I feel like I should add some perspective from a younger age group. I was traveling with my family which consists of 5 people, two who are in high school, one (me) in college, and two parents. We had the time of our lives aboard the cruise! I believe this ship was very much so designed for a younger demographic, and therefore there is no library - to me that was no big deal. I was not on this ship to sit quietly and read I was on it to have a fun time with my family at the many venues across the ship. I would highly recommend this ship to families, however, older couples would be better fit for Celebrity or Princess cruises who appeal to that demographic.

Yes, at Taste and The Manhattan Room (the "free" dining locations) the food at dinner was not gourmet to perfection but was more than adequate. The service was fine too. However, my family took advantage of the 20 dining options available and enjoyed fantastic meals at Cagneys, Teppanyaki, and the Noodle Bar. I highly recommend Teppanyaki, it was a fantastic interactive experience and is extremely cheap compared to the options available at home for a similar restaurant.

The Epic is all about entertainment. Cirque was fantastic and Blue Man was wonderful as always (I have seen it 5 times). Legends was average but entertaining nonetheless and worth it. The best part of the whole ship was the dueling piano guys - they were amazing and we had fun night after night in there singing along with them. Also the comedy group was great too!

The staff was phenomenal! We got to know a few of the cruise staff members very well and enjoyed time at the dueling piano bar and theme parties with them. The cruise director was FANTASTIC and had a wonderful staff about him.

The ship was beautiful, wonderfully clean, and featured fantastic decor and a warm welcoming enviroment.

The rooms were a nice depature from the usual square loook of a cruise cabin. Yes the shower and toilet areas were fogged out and not completely seculded, however, there was a curtain that closed off the entire bathroom area that could be used for further privacy. My brother and I had no issues with bathroom privacy using this system.

Pros: The ship was beautifully built, staff amazing, and entertainment flawless.

Cons: The food in Taste/Manhattan was not the best, but good nonetheless.

Recommends Norwegian Epic? Yes!