Boston to Bermda on NCL

Norwegian Dream Cruise Review to Bermuda

7 Night Bermuda (Boston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 03, 2008
Ship: Norwegian Dream
The ship was nice. It is an older vessel, but the inside is kept clean. I frequently saw crew members cleaning throughout the ship without being intrusive. I did see dishes left outside from the previous night, so I think someone should have been assigned to walk outside to pick up more frequently.

Buffets were just OK - crowded and difficult to find seating at times, especially for a family of 5. Restaurants were better, however I did take offense to a restaurant that we would have to pay for. I thought the premise of a cruise was "all inclusive". Drink prices were high and I think soda should be included in the price of the cruise (and possible 1 or 2 adult beverages per day for the adults.)

Comedian's were excellent. Variety shows and dancing were a little contrived.

Staff friendly. I didn't experience above and beyond, but I didn't request anything above and beyond. Only example that comes to mind is that one matre'de notice my son's steak to be rather fatty and insisted that he be served a new one immediately.

Large ship. Decor is older, but that makes sense since the ship is being retired in November. It would have been nice if the two nonworking treadmills were repaired or replaced. This created longer wait times and availablity to work out.

State room was kept clean.
Horeshoe Bay Beach was beautiful. Snorkeling at Tobacco Bay was fun. Must ride the Pink Bus!

Pros: Flexibility of dining times

Cons: Cost for the extras

Recommends Norwegian Dream? Yes!