NCL Dream Not What I Hoped

Norwegian Dream Cruise Review to Bermuda

7 Night Bermuda (Boston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 01, 2008
Ship: Norwegian Dream
I would like to say my June 1st.-8th. cruise was wonderful. This being my 15th. cruise I cannot say that. It did not reflect NCL's high quality of standards or the cruise experience I've enjoyed in the past. Staff at Reception Desk lacked interpersonal skills. Their demeanor to the passengers and to each other was unacceptable.

Same choices in buffet and pizzeria each day. Food cold or obviously reheated as well. Dining room staff very abrupt and impersonal.

No pool games, no craft classes, very few dance classes. Very few activities in general. The premier band on the ship was fantastic but rained out twice.

Very few examples of going above and beyond. I would have been happy with welcoming smiles. The only staff I encountered who were welcoming were in the Sports Buffet, Kareoke and my room stewards.

Difficult layout. Some stairways and elevators only went to deck 11 making using both a neccesity at times. Pool area very small and hard to access. No umbrellas on deck 11 near pool. Public area clean for the most part.

Room small for three people but comfortable enough. Balcony well worth the extra $$. Room was kept immaculate. Very friendly room stewards and breakfast service. One of the high points of the trip.
The beaches are a must see, the Ferry ride, and interacting with the friendly local people is a must do.
Don't Miss: Peggy at St. Catherine's Beach.

Pros: Balcony Cabin

Cons: Abruptness Of Staff

Recommends Norwegian Dream? No.