Norwegian Dream (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Bermuda

BOS to BDA, Don't Do It !

Sail Date: June 01, 2008

Back from June 8 thru June 15 (BOS.BDA.). It was our 30th wedding anniversary. We had this trip booked since Oct 07. Keep in mind that both the wife and I are disabled and walk with canes.
Day 1: Not able to use elevator closest to our cabin (CC9016-deck 9). Had to walk to the other end of ship then back (they used all three elevator banks for luggage fwd/mid). A/C not working properly.
Day 2: Called desk 11:00 AM for water and extra pillow three times. At 6:00 PM we got three towels. Personally went down to desk (deck 7) for those requests and finaly got what I asked for. 7:00 PM: was asked to wear pants at the Four Seasons (so much for "Free Style").
Day 3: Breakfast came to our room too early and wake up call came too late (yes we set our watches forward).
Day 4: Rope ladder hung in front of our window for maintenance from 2:30 PM until 9:00 PM (so much for privacy and view.
Day 5: 8:15 AM wake up call. Rope ladder slapping against the window (more maintenance).
Day 7: 1:00 PM: Ate at Four Seasons and ordered the Thai shrimp bisque. Hmm, what's this in my mouth? A piece of shrimp tail? NO, it was one of those pincher type bugs. No free drinks and nothing off the ships bill even though I asked and went down to the desk (cashiers) and asked for money off the bill.
The highlight of our trip was the Sunset Glass Bottom Boat,Ultimate Bermuda Triangle Tour and of course the Swizzle Inn. That said, If you haven't booked. Don't do it. Yes we are Latitude members who have sailed on the Majesty several times and loved it. I'm not buying into the line that it's a new crew blah,blah,blah. The Dream is only here for this summer and next summer then, it's bye bye. They don't care period. I just feel bad for the people of St. George (and Burmuda as a whole) as this will have a huge impact on their economy. If you haven't heard, NCL is selling out on the small ships that go to Bermuda and going MEGA size which are unable to get though the "cut" of St. George and shallows of Hamilton. For those of you that have booked, I realy wish you my best. Sorry for being so long winded.
Mike

Pros: Stewarts

Cons: Everything

Recommends Norwegian Dream (RETIRED)? No.