Norwegian Dream (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Just plain cheesy

Sail Date: March 31, 2007

Norwegain Dream is on its last Carribean cruise as I write this, none too soon. Dream is an old ship that is small. Apparently it has been cut in half and had a new middle section welded in, this makes traveling across the ship an adventure. I have seen bigger hot tubs then the pools. Entertainment was poor, the comedian was run off the stage by a gal in the crowd repeating "Chicago". Drinks were expensive and had the mandatory 15% gratuity. I dont mind tipping when tipping is due. When someone did take your drink order it was many times 15 minutes before they returned. I bought the $45 pop pass and had trouble getting pop from anyone but a bartender. I suppose because they were not getting their 15%. I just overall thought it was a bad value, no NCL for me again.

Pros: Short lines

Cons: Poor service

Recommends Norwegian Dream (RETIRED)? No.

Progreso (Merida), Mexico
An old Mexico port, with good deals on shopping. I went to a resort out of town 10 miles or so. The resort was very nice. In town I dont know there is anywhere I would feel safe eating.
Belize City, Belize
Very nice people, but undeveloped city.
Don't Miss: Cave tubing
Been to Cozumel enough times. Same scooter guy on the corner got me for second year in a row. I thought for sure I nailed down all the right questions this year, there is always next year I guess.
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
Belize City, Belize
Very nice people, but undeveloped city.
Don't Miss: Cave tubing