Norwegian Dream (RETIRED) 136 Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

From Dream to Nightmare

Sail Date: January 13, 2007

I have sailed on 2 ships prior to cruising on the Dream. I found it older, smaller and overall less desirable than other cruises. The room's fixtures were old, including the hairdryer that looked like a vacuum cleaner, the room's walls rattled all night long to the point we were knocking on them and tried to tighten the lightbulbs thinking they were the ones rattling. The bedspread was old and looked like something you would get at a cheap by the hour motel room. The crew and staff did just enough so you would not complain, but don't expect anything extra. No fun animal towel creations like you see on other ships and don't expect service with a smile. The food was average unless you spent the extra money to go to the optional Bistro on board. The food was excellent in the Bistro, we went twice. Small pools, plenty of bars, large casino. I feel like they enlarged everything that sucked the money out of you and neglected the cruiser and the admenities that should be standard.

Pros: I loved the ports of call

Cons: The ship and crew

Recommends Norwegian Dream (RETIRED) 136? No.

Belize City, Belize
We went snorkling, which was beautiful! It lives up to its reputation of being second best in the world.
Don't Miss: Snorkling
Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
The shopping and beach was beautiful. I bought a hand painted sink for my house! Upscale shopping.
Don't Miss: The shopping.
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
The beach was clean and beautiful. It was very long so if you wanted privacy you could get away from other people. I felt safe in Progreso. The locals also offered messages on the beach, very relaxing but don't expect what a message therapist would give you.
Don't Miss: Don't miss the beach.
Belize City, Belize
Don't Miss: Snorkling
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
Don't Miss: Don't miss the beach.
Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
Don't Miss: The shopping.