Norwegian Dream (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great Bonding Time with my Son

Sail Date: November 18, 2006

I took my 18 yr old son on this cruise as his graduation present. Just he and myself (his mom) for bonding time before he goes off to college. There were enough activities to keep us both happy. We enjoyed the size of the ship because we never got lost, and never experienced extremely long lines. Added bonus was the great personal service. We really enjoyed the Freestyle cruising. This has been my fourth experience with NCL, and the second experience with Freestyle. Only thing I would have liked to see would be for the main restaurants to be open at lunch. I REALLY like the easy/express disembarkation. As long as we were able to carry our own luggage, we disembarked quickly.

Pros: The Staff were always friendly and extremely accomodating

Cons: That we had to come home.

Recommends Norwegian Dream (RETIRED)? Yes!

We enjoyed driving ourselves around the Island. The opposite side of the Island offers some beautiful beaches to snorkel at.
Don't Miss: Clear blue waters to snorkel in
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
Not much to see in Progresso. Nice if you just want to walk around, and see the culture. If you want to go to a larger city, you'll have to get transportation to Merida. My son and I enjoyed Progresso. They had a parade of school children. We enjoyed being in the middle of it all.
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
Belize City, Belize
We liked Belize. Last NCL cruise I enjoyed the Cave Tubing. This NCL cruise we enjoyed the horseback riding. Great activity if it's too cold for being in the water. Belize offers some great lush foilage to enjoy. Ask your guide, they will be more than happy to educate you on the many different cultures. Very interesting country.
Don't Miss: Scenery outside Belize City.
Don't Miss: Clear blue waters to snorkel in
Belize City, Belize
Don't Miss: Scenery outside Belize City.