Norwegian Dream (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Freestyling - not my style

Sail Date: October 14, 2006

An older ship - the Dream - no frills - but it was clean. If you don't gamble and karaoke, play bingo - you're out of luck on the entertainment. The shows were good and dancing instructions fun. Not a good variety of enterainment on "at sea" days. However, one day was beautiful and sunny so it was nice to have down time by the pool. The other day was cloudy and cool, not much to do that day.

The breakfast buffet layout is horrible. 2 lines of food, only one had all the drinks and it is located next to the waffle & omelet station - not a good flow for the amount of people eating there. Also the 4 seasons restaurant had a constant flow of people as it is a main route to get anywhere on the ship.

Pros: Staff and our stateroom was nice

Cons: Food selection and lack of organization during meals - too congested

Progreso (Merida), Mexico
Chitzen Itza was interesting - a long bus ride there. That's about all you have time for - so didn't see much else. Too many "cruise shops" and not enough local vendors
Submarine - not what I expected. I had hoped to see the beach on this excursion - didn't see the beach at all - disappointed. Disappointed with all the "cruise shops" - not enough local industry to visit.
Belize City, Belize
The Aerial and Cave tubing was a lot of fun - expensive - but fun. A few more local vendors at this stop. I don't like all the "cruise shops ", prefer to see what the local make and sell.
Belize City, Belize