Norwegian Dream (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Bermuda

How I Came to Dislike Cruising

Sail Date: May 18, 2008

As a first-time "Cruiser" I was not at all prepared for the so-called 'norms of a cruise ship.
Norwegian Cruise Lines would do well to ask people IN ADVANCE if this was the first cruise or 23rd.. No such contact was made to me.

I was not prepared to be almost consistently asked to do something on the ship that either involved food or an attempt to relieve me of more of my money.

"Freestyle Dining" is nothing mpre than watching people who are already Obese, become Morbidly Obese, children as well as adults.

My reason for booking this trip was to go to Bermuda to see a friend.
Not being a veteran Cruiser, I was amazed at how long the trip was taking.
It doesn't take long to realize the ship is "trolling" it's was so that more activities
can be done, most of them requiring you to open your wallet.

Prices aboard the ship were outrageous. I stopped by the Photo Shop to ask how much a photo CD was....$15.00 I was told,at least $10.00 more than anywhere close to where my home is.

The Casino on this boat is located between a lounge and the theatre, Imagine my joy as I was forced to walk through the putrid smoke-filled Casino in order to enjoy a show or play bingo....It is a DISGUSTING experiemce for a non-smoker.

The initial cordiality of the ship's crew seemed to waiver somewhat on the return to Boston. Dining staff were rude and short-tempered. I will make an excepton here, our cabin stewards were Excellent at all times.

Robert F. "Bob Carr

Pros: Getting off the boat

Cons: The Incessant "Hog-Trough" Food Parade

Recommends Norwegian Dream (RETIRED)? No.

I was told they were Average, I had no previous experiemce