Norwegian Dream (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Bermuda

Not the Best Cruise I've Taken

Sail Date: June 01, 2008

The ship was kept very clean. Hand sanitizers were always available at restaurants and casual dining places. Our stateroom was kept clean. The ship was attractive and entertainment was good. My complaint is about the cooking, some of the dishes were ineditable and the service in the dining rooms was much too slow. It seems that everyone wanted to eat at the same time. I do not mind heat but cannot stand being cold. The only place I was comfortable was in my stateroom where we could adjust the thermostatand on deck when the sun was shining.

Pros: The entertainment was very good.

Cons: The food was not good. Freestyle does not work well for me. They kept the ship too cold.

Recommends Norwegian Dream (RETIRED)? No.

The stewards in our stateroom were good but the staff in the eating areas, dining roons and buffets were not what we were used to on other cruises. They seemed too rushed to care when we complained.
Dishes familiar to me did not taste good. Poorly seasoned. We had turkey with so much sage as to burn our mouth. We did not go to the specialty restaurants because we did not want to pay extra for food as we paid so much for the food when we booked the cruise.
Cleanliness was very important to the staff. They were most anxious to be sure that no one got sick. There were many discussions on TV and in brosures in the stateroom. the size and layout was good overal but our state room was in a place where we often had to go to another floor to reach out room as we were located beyont the theater which would be closed during entertainment.
St. George's, Bermuda
The beach on Tobacco Bay was very nice. The shopping area was nice.
St. George's, Bermuda
The beach on Tobacco Bay was very nice. The shopping area was nice.