Norwegian Dream (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Cruise to Nowhere

First and Last NCL Cruise

Sail Date: May 01, 2008

The entire experience was disappointing to say the least. Every aspect from service, food and amenities were lacking. As my first cruise, I expected much more and expected a 3 day cruise on this cruiseline to be their opportunity to court me as a future customer. They did the exact opposite. I wouldn't recommend this ship or this cruise line to anyone. I have attempted to issue a complaint with the company and even that has been a hassel.

Pros: Getting off the ship

Cons: Too many to count

Recommends Norwegian Dream (RETIRED)? No.

The ship actually smelled in many areas. The staff said it was a new boat but my shower curtain wasn't even from this decade. Many of the bathrooms didn't work including the one in our stateroom. Public bathrooms were dirty.
The food was mediocre at best. Never hot, sometimes cold. Before the boat left dock, our family had opened a multitude of bad beers (so bad that you could smell there was something wrong upon opening them). By Saturday afternoon, there was an extremely limited choice of beer.
With the exception of two members of the staff, the rest were disengaged and unhelpful. Several were even downright rude.
Children's activities were limited. Age groups were inappropriate. They would NOT allow two members of the same family 11 and 13 participate in any of the same activities but wanted the 11 year old with 6 year olds in the same activities.
Dingy is the best word I can think of. The bathrooms stopped working on and off throughout the weekend and even the showers at one point. Also, an insufficient number of life jackets in the room. Staff less than helpful to remedy.
Not a family friendly cruise.