Norwegian Dream (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Cruise to Nowhere

Awfully done.

Sail Date: May 09, 2008

I went on a 2-night cruise to nowhere back in December and it was on a brand new NCL ship and it was much better. I recommended to my friends and boyfriend that we go on this cruise based on my last experience thinking it would be a fun time but unfortunately I was wrong.

Before we even left port, they were understocked at the bar. However, I had to wait almost a half hour to find this out because the service was so bad due to understaffing on the ship. This was the norm any other time we went to the bar. These issues made for some very angry people on the ship.

The other gripe I had about the weekend was that last cruise, we were sailing the whole time, reducing the amount of movement one could feel while at sea; this time (probably to save on fuel costs, which I understand) they parked the ship at sea all day Saturday. This meant that the ship was just moving with the waves, causing all of my party to feel seasick the entire day. This was one of the biggest concerns of one of my friends who was skeptical about going, and I assured her that we would not be able to feel any type of movement. Again, I was wrong.

I tend not to refer things like people for jobs or places to try unless I feel really passionate about them. I thought that this cruise would be just as good, if not better than the last one I went on, which is why I rallied three others to join me this time around. Unfortunately, this cruise has been one that I really regret, and I will most likely never use NCL again.

Pros: The kareoke.

Cons: The lack of a properly stocked bar and waiting 20+ minutes to get 1 drink.

Recommends Norwegian Dream (RETIRED)? No.