Norwegian Dream (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Bermuda

Terrible trip to Bermuda

Sail Date: October 19, 2008

Traveled As: Family w/young children

We sailed on the Nor. Dream and was our first cruise experience. The waves were so high that they were hitting our porthole window and we were underwater at times. I wanted to put my kids to bed in their life jackets. We were also expecting it to be more kid friendly (our kids are 3 and 2). Our son turned 2 on the cruise and they would not take him in the childcare until his 2nd birthday. There was no were for our kids to run around or play in. I wished there was a room with toys and activities for them. We were also crammed into a tiny room that slept 3 and there were 4 of us. We were tripping over our suitcase and each other the whole trip. The staff aboard were VERY friendly and did a wonderful job.

Pros: Bermuda, the staff of board was great

Cons: The ship was old and the rooms were dirty. I was afraid for my life and the life of my children as the weather at sea was very rough.

Recommends Norwegian Dream (RETIRED)? No.

Only activities while out to sea was bingo or gambling. Nothing for young kids while out to sea.
Outdated decor. Dirty staterooms with food dried on to furniture. No where for the kids to go and not much to do at sea unless you like to gamble and smoke.
Very small for a family of four. When you are paying for your young kids you should be given two joining rooms. There are others paying half of what we did and only had two people per room. You can't move with four suitcases, a stroller and pack n play.
Staff was great. Limited resources for young children. Again, no where to take kids when they are not allowed access to the kid's programs.
Nothing else to say but top notch!
Food was great, staff amazing.
St. George's, Bermuda
Don't Miss: Take a taxi to the other beaches....they were wonderful.