Norwegian Dream (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Bermuda

Our first cruise

Sail Date: October 05, 2008

The ship was clean, the crew was always watching over us to take care of us, our stewards knew us by name and we had a great time. We were a bit disappointed in the small portions of food in the Four Seasons Restaurant, but it tasted wonderful. A member of the crew in the Sports Bar let other guests know that the table we were sitting at was taken when we went up to the buffet line for seconds. I really appreciated that. The crew member that did that didn't know I was watching her.

Pros: The ship was clean and the crew was very friendly and helpful

Cons: I didn't like the smoking which was allowed on deck 12 and in the casino

Recommends Norwegian Dream (RETIRED)? Yes!

The ship staff was very friendly and professional. We signed up for 2 excursions, one for the first day at port and one for the last day at port. Both of our excursions were changed to the full days we were at port due to not enough passengers signing up. Later we found out that the excursion we originally signed up for on the last day was re-implemented, since more people signed up. I was unhappy about that. We specifically kept our 2 full days free to do and see what we wanted. Our schedule was interupted because of the time of the excursion on the full day, and we were very limited as to what we could do afterwards, due to the timing.
We didn't see many shows. We did play bingo.
The size of the ship was good. I think we would have been lost among all the other passengers on a larger ship.
All the buffets had the same basic food, just different open/close times. There was a nice variety each day and most of it was very good.
Our stateroom was very good, our stewards did a great job keeping it clean and refilling our ice chest. They also did great towel animal shapes each evening.
St. George's, Bermuda
We loved the helmet dive. It wasn't scary or claustrophobic. Graham and Graham were both very fun to sail with and they were very informative. I would do it again in a heartbeat. The Segway tour was enjoyable, as was the glass bottom boat ride.
Don't Miss: Helmet dive