Norwegian Dream (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Bermuda

Cruise Ship Service Was Disappionting

Sail Date: May 25, 2008

I have been on many cruises (at least 15) and I have always been impressed with the quality of service. On the first day of our cruise I used a glass in the cabin which was simply left half full of water, covered with a paper cover and remained that way until the last night before our cruise ended. The TV was a piece of junk. The restaurant service was poor. Most of the waiters treated women as second class citizens. There were many instances where I was asked if I was done with my meal before the plate was removed but the woman I was with would not get asked and the plate would be briskly removed. Every day the Sports Bar Grille would run out of coffee cups and coffee!!! Clearing of tables took forever. You had to refill your own water. In the restaurats service was incredibly slow and you had to ask for water, ask for ice in the water etc. At breakfast one morning I received utensils that were wrapped in a napkin that were covered with lipstick!! I was also given curdled milk in my coffee. At the same seating my girlfiend ordered cereal and was given milk that was poured from a coffee cup which touched the servers hands and ended with a large blob of what looked like cottage cheese!!! On several ocassions we were not given what we ordered or not all of what we ordered. For several days (about three) the Terraces restaurant was repulsively hot!!! We had to leave because it was so unbearable!!! The cruise offered a "dinning under the stars" night which was totally disorganized!!! The only saving grace was that Bermuda and the beaches were beautiful. I felt like this cruise was being used as a training ground for personnel. It is really hard for me to justify the money spent on this vacation!!!

Pros: Bermuda was beautiful

Cons: Very Poor Service On The Ship

Recommends Norwegian Dream (RETIRED)? No.

After we complained (by Saturday we had enough) we were able to discuss the poor dining and cabin service with the restaurant manager who genuinely couldn't believe what we had encountered.
The ship was showing its age. All of the public eating facilities were often dirty.
The state room was OK. The shower was incredibly small. The TV looked like it was twenty years old. The cabin steward didn't do much.
St. George's, Bermuda
St George's was quaint and nerat to see.
Don't Miss: Horse Shoe Bay was incredibly beatiful.