Norwegian Dream (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Europe - Northern Europe

A marvelous experience

Sail Date: July 28, 2007

This is one of the best cruise lines people should visit during the summer getaway. In the winter it will be too cold for visitors to visit all those cities and countries in the northern Europe.

I feel totally relaxed and recharged for next school term. Although the airline lost my baggage on the fight from New York, which caused me a lot of inconvenience and embarrassment sometimes on board, that didn't reduce the fun and excitement I experienced on the cruise.

The work ethics of the personnel is laudable. Just think of the long hours (10 hours seven days a week) they have to work on board.

Pros: We like the food, shows and the shore excursions.

Recommends Norwegian Dream (RETIRED)? Yes!

the food was excellent, but sometimes the restaurants were overcrowded. I think they already realized this.
The housekeepers were very nice and very well trained on how to say hello to the guests.
Warnemunde (Berlin), Germany
Although it is a long ride (three hours one way) to Berlin. It's worthwhile. Our German hosts are very friendly and efficient. Got a chance to compare the former socialist and capitalist parts of the city and it is not hard to see why communism failed.
Don't Miss: Checkpoint Charlie
Helsinki, Finland
I especially loved the old lady who served as our tour guide. I can feel the whole busful of visitors liked her too. She was very humorous and calm.
Don't Miss: the Dome cathetral in the rock
St. Petersburg, Russian Federation
I loved the Winter Palace, Peterhof and Cathrine's Palace. From there and the small book I bought I became acquainted with a piece of the Russian history -- the most important part before the Revolution.
Don't Miss: "Swan Lake" at the Royal Theatre
Copenhagen, Denmark

Don't Miss: Cruise on the canal
Tallinn, Estonia
I felt the anger of the tour guide towards the former KGB and the Soviet Power. I also liked the history museum in Tallinn. It's interesting to see how the peasants' lives had changes over time by looking all those farm houses.
Stockholm, Sweden
The package tour arranged by NCL was too short (three hours). We had to waste half a day waiting for the departure of the trip. We could've spent those hours in the market place. Next time why can't they plan a trip longer by including one or an hour and half stopping at the market place in the center of the city.
Don't Miss: The city hall - I wish I could have dinner with the Nobel prize winners there in the banquet hall.