Norwegian Dream (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Nothing to write home about!!!

Sail Date: February 01, 2007

Need more selection on the foods on the buffet line seemed to be a lot of the same foods day after day. Not impressed with the Specialty Restaurants, pay extra and then my husband became very ill was sick for about the last three days of our cruise, when Food and Beverage Manger was contacted , I was promptly told that there was know way that he became ill from eatting on the Ship, I was told how careful they are with the food, I work in food Service I know that it takes one person to do some thing wrong . Food and Beverage Manager tryed to tell me that they change gloves all the time, let me tell you that one morning at breakfast I watched a person at the waffle station making waffles with gloves than reach over and touch a bottle of syrup, then the metal bar on the serving line, bring over a dirty plate and glass and put it on a try of other dirty dish's then go back with the same pair of gloves to checking and a waffle and to take off the waffle iron with THE SAME PAIR OF GLOVES!!!!!!!!!! I felt like I was talked down to and that I had know brain cells in my head. We work hard for our money, to take a nice vacation and then we are treated like we are nothing. Took our son and daughter-in-law on their first cruise and they have said that they will never go on a NCL cruise again. This was our second cruise on NCL and will be our last, must be a better cruise line out there.
NEED TO LET PEOPLE KNOW IF THERE IS GOING TO BE A GAY CONVENTION ON BOARD , there were a lot of younger children on board, and some people are not comfortable.

Pros: Easy on and off at Houston Port.

Cons: The way some of the managers of the Food and Beverage Department talked to me.

Recommends Norwegian Dream (RETIRED)? No.

Larger then the last ship we sailed on , condition was good .
Specilty restaurant not all it's made out to be, Felt like we were being rushed to eat , food not all that great.
Stateroom Stewards were great always cleaning and asking if we needed anything, and it was always with a smile and a greating.
Staff members thta we dealt with every dsy were great higher ups need to learn better customer relations skills.