Norwegian Dream (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean

Great for our first cruise ever

Sail Date: October 01, 2006

This was our first cruise, we simply loved it.

Pros: The stop in Belize City Belize wasa the highlight of our cruise

Cons: Free style dinning wasn't exactly as it appears. The ship wasn't very handicapped friendly, they try and was over all happy.

The ship was clean but again not really handicapped friendly. Restooms were always neat and clean along with public areas. The ship was hard to get around and not all th elevatoros went to the upper decks. At times being in a wheel chair was hard, I didn't let that bother me. We just had a blast on the ship.
The food was so so, somes days it's was GREAT and some days just blah. The free style dinning wasn't exactly as promised we often had to wait to eat at time we watned to eat at the time we wanted because they weren't ready yet. The food was all free but in one restaurant, there was a $ 15 per person charge for that one. Tea, water, milk, and coffe, and juice was the only thing bevrage that was free. They did a offer a one time fee of 40 bucks for unlimted refillls on sodas for the entire cruise. That was nice, sodas should have been free too.
I think the guest went more above and beyond then the staff on being helpfull with handicapped. I guess they can't be every where all the time. If I needed something they tried to get for me.
The staterooms were great and were maintained twice a day. If you needed anything extra like towels or what ever you just had to call and ask for them. Towels were'n't replaces unless left on the floor for the maid service to pickup, if you left hanging in the bathroom they would leave it. That was to save money that was cool..
They had plenty of things for you to do day and night.