Underwhelmed

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 2-3 cruises

Overall rating:

Norwegian Dawn

7 Night Western Caribbean (Tampa Roundtrip)

Sail date: March 01, 2020

Ship: Norwegian Dawn

Cabin type: Oceanview

Cabin number: 10552

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

I would go on another cruise, but it won't be with Norwegian.

Embarkation

Went very smoothly

Ship experiences

Freestyle must mean mediocre in food choices. No seafood options unless you went to the specialty restaurants and paid extra money. The food we did get was good, but I can make chicken and pork chops at home.

Didn't use any.

Didn't go too many, but Carl Anderson the comedian was awesome. The nightly music was good.

Don't have children.

The bartenders at O'Sheehan's were the greatest (Lucy, Larry, Macinta and "Brother."

Loved having a balcony. Bathroom was a pretty good size for on a ship.

Ship tip

For the price we paid, I expected to be a lot more wowed than I was.

Ports of call

Tampa, Florida

Didn't really do much in Tampa.

Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico

Nice area. Shopped and sat at a bar an watched the dolphins perform.

Harvest Caye, Belize

Pretty much a joke. I was excited to see Belize as a port. However, this was nothing more than a glorified amusement park. No city center at all. A resort feel with pools and beach. Not impressed.

Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras

What we say of Roatan was lovely. Our excursion (ATVing) went great. However, we didn't get the entire time of our excursion as we were late debarking due to another ship taking preference by docking at a pier and we were delayed tendering in. No compensation offered or really any apologies.

Did tequila tasting. Piddy was very knowledgeable on our excursion. Shopped quite a bit.

Disembarkation