Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Bermuda

Third Mate

Dress code and cabin issue

Sail Date: September 02, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

We have taken this cruise Boston to Bermuda annual. A BIG complaint is the lack of any type of dress code in the formal and speciality dining rooms.   I love the casual atmosphere of the NCL line, but since when is it EVER acceptable for men to wear baseball hats and cut off dungaree shorts, dry bathing suits and Women to wear graphic tee shirts and bathing suits with a see through cover up to the formal dining rooms?  There are plenty casual complementary dining choices!   Why is this acceptable?  I agree that dress shirts, ties, semi formal or even dressy clothing is optional.  When did smart casual become your gym clothes?

We were booked into cabin 4511 on the Dawn. This cabin is directly above the laundry facility that runs 24/7. My husband and I were lucky if we each got 3 hours of sleep each night. Beware of Cabin 4511