Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Best cruise ever

Sail Date: May 08, 2016

To be honest, I was very skeptical about this cruise having been a faithful Royal Caribbean cruiser, but what a pleasant surprise! The ocean view cabin was great and very well designed for comfort and plenty of storage room for clothes & stuff, and the bathroom was so very well designed and laid out. There is not enough space here to go into the culinary experience, in one word "fantastic". I enjoyed the "Freestyle" dining arrangement. The entertainment (shows) were some of the best I've ever seen on a cruise. There was always some activity going on that was of interest during the day, and plenty of music and dancing at night. A great cruise. I am sure the ship will be even better after the dry Big Smiledocking and I look forward to going on it another time.

Very well laid out and comfortable
Very well organized, both embarkation and disembarkation.
Destinations were great, but I found the ship sponsored shore excursions to be over priced.
Plenty to keep you busy
Fantastic!
All the staff were great and a fantastic cruise director.
Great assortment of specialty dining besides a fantastic selection of food in the Garden Cafe. I found the drinks (alcoholic) to be way overpriced. A bottle of California "Blackstone" Merlot was US$43. I can buy it in the grocery store for $8.89 ($8.29 if I buy 6), that is almost 500% mark up on the retail price!
New Orleans, Louisiana
George Town, Grand Cayman
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Santo Tomas De Castilla, Guatemala
Harvest Caye, Belize
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
Don't buy a beer here! US$6.00, in Cozumel they only charge US$1.00 . I found even the souvenirs in the port area to be way overpriced.

I think the ship is very well designed and all the facilities are conveniently located. Loved it!