Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

value for the money

Sail Date: May 01, 2016

My sister and I booked a discounted NCL cruise out of NOLA to Mexico, Belize and Honduras for 7 days on the Dawn.  It was an excellent value for the price paid.  The food was excellent and the service of the staff was excellent.  However the room and ship appeared a bit shabby.  We were told that the ship was going into drydock within the month for renovations that were needed.  The shops on the ship were grossly overpriced and some of the personnel in them seemed like carnival hawkers, far different than the staff who were worth every penny of the predetermined service fee..  I would greatly suggest the formal dining room, The Venetian, for all meals as they were superb and the service was great.  Entertainment varied with those "partying hardy" and more quiet venues. Jose and Patti were an excellent musical duo that should be enjoyed by most.  I had not cruised for years and was very surprised by the good service.provided. Also we booked two excursions thru NCL; a dolphin encounter in Cozumel and a Belize River Trip.  Boith were very good. Also to me a balcony is now a must have. Was not happy about no internet without paying a fortune.  Should be available for free  in this day and age.

Outdated but kept clean. A bit shabby. Balcony needed to be repainted and outside glass cleaned. Internet fees are ridiculously expensive and the shops

As many meals as possible in the Venetian Dining Room. Excellent food and service for the price. Shops are crazy overpriced.