First time on NCL, probably last too!

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 20, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Dawn

My wife and I love to cruise, last year we did a 5 day on Carnival, wasn't long enough, and way too many under age drinkers and small children. This year we decided on a 7 day, and from what I heard was NCL was a better group of clients. When we booked I got a premium beverage package, and a 4 meal package, great deal, but other than mixed drinks (which we enjoyed) the soft drinks were PEPSI products, yuk! Our room was nice, but our room steward needed to be a little nicer. Most of the service staff were not friendly at all, and most seemed put out if you asked for something. The food choice could have been better, only 1/2 of the buffets were ever open, the food was just OK, nothing to brag about. 1 ice cream machine for the WHOLE ship...hope you like waiting in line. Ports were so so, Cozumel was good, we shopped, and went to Jimmy Buffetts Margaritaville (if you get that chance, don't); Roatan was dirt poor country, we scheduled a beach excursion there...all-inclusive (NOT), way too crowded, so many people on a little tiny beach, there wasn't enough chairs to go around; Belieze was a beautiful stop, but if all these cruise ships stop there why isn't there a pier, you'd think the gov'mt would build one so the ship wouldn't just find a sand bar beach it's self and then all passengers going to shore wouldn't have to get on a little boat to ride in on; Costa Maya was the last stop, got a taxi to the public beach, then paid a guy 5 dollars each to sit in a chair, ordered a couple of drinks, paid twice the price we should have. We get back to the ship and head home...I checked the guest service desk the next day to settle up any charges, just to find out there is an additional charge of over $500.00 for gratiuties that I did not realize...READ THE FINE PRINT! I don't mind paying for something deserved, but tell me up front! My last cruise they had that built into the cost up front.

Needs up dating, the sofa was stained bad enough that I wouldn't sit on it!