Freestyle doesn't have to mean dirty but it does.

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 17, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Dawn
Cabin Type: Suite

Cagney's is supposed to be a step up for dining on this ship.  That is why you pay extra to dine there.  For my extra one hundred dollars and dressing up for the occasion, my wife and I were seated next to a group of people who feel that Freestyle means coming in wearing dirty shorts and t-shirts that smelled!  Attention NCL!  Seat your Freestylers on one side of Cagney's and those who dress up on the other side.  Also, don't serve me the same cut of meat that I can get in the free dining area and then charge extra to dine in Cagney's!  Your entertainment is an absolute joke.  The Second City show sucked.  Also, on the Carnival Dream, the bow of the ship was not restricted access.  You limit access to wayyy too much of the ship.  We were given mail the entire week that had someone else's name on it.  The cabin was dirty on check-in. There was mail left in the room that was directed to the staff and we got to read their complaint card because it was not picked up before we got in the room.

Lousy cruise - start to finish.  The next time I want the same experience, I will just sit in my local mall for a week straight at Christmas time and let myself get trampled.

Nasty- seated next to people who smelled.

The main pool was as low as 50 degrees and was never heated yet on the channel 2 tv it listed it was 84.2. No way was that 84.2 - more like 54.2.

Comedy and magic was lousy.

1am curfew for the 13-17year olds? What? Even the 7-12 year olds on Carnival have no curfew.

Complained about above smelly people and it fell on deaf ears.

Dirty everywhere. Salt and pepper shakers were not at each table for dining. That is like doing your business only to realize the toilet paper is out. What a joke. No attention to detail at all.

Dirty and items left from previous cruise people. Towels often not replaced when they were clearly on the ground.

Simply stay away from NCL all together. The best ones to go for are Princess and Celebrity.