Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

Good times Tainted

Sail Date: November 22, 2015

We have been on over 20 cruises and this ranks right up there with the best. I have personally booked over 100 weeks of cruises for our family since 2005. Ship, food, programs, entertainment.  One of the most noticeable improvements to other cruises was the low key bar staff.  I actually had to go to the bar for my soft drinks. Other cruises they are way too pushy.     We really enjoyed the dining package and the variation that we had in our dinner locations.

We had a lot of fun on the port days as well. Look at our photos

I do have to mention one major bad change for Norwegian.  MANDATORY gratuities.  A gratuity should be just that. Not an added fee.  This wasn't a huge deal for me because I pay a good tip when I get good service.  When I had young kids I couldn't afford as much so it would have been a big problem for me.  We had my niece and her husband with their 2 young boys.  The ship hit their account for 378.00 for the week and refused to adjust while on board.  This was a major problem for that young family and created such a stress of how to deal with the hit that the whole cruise experience was tainted.  Norwegian this is a Bad Bad policy.

Cruise Photos

We had a real good time and the ship was perfect for this trip. One tip for others would be that Norwegian has gone to a mandatory gratuity of 13.50 per day and will not adjust while on board. Mandatory rubs me wrong. They charged my niece 378.00 because she had 2 babies with her for the week

1 Comment