Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Bermuda

Great vacation!

Sail Date: August 14, 2015

Great vacation! I was really worried about this cruise not living up to our expectations after reading all the negative and nitpicky reviews and comments over the last couple of months. We traveled on the Dawn from Boston to Bermuda 8/14-8/21/15. We are a couple with 2 teenage daughters. We traveled with 2 other families.
Cabin: We booked connecting balconies on the 9th floor. Both rooms were clean, well equipped and comfortable. There was plenty of storage if you are organized. The bathroom was great, especially the shower. We never heard any noise. Our room steward was great. So efficient, responsive & friendly.
Food: The food was very good. We generally had breakfast in the buffet, lunch at the poolside barbeque and we had dinner at Venetian, Aqua, Bamboo & Cagney’s. The food was consistently good. The service was hit or miss but we enjoyed every meal.
Entertainment: There is something to do all day & night if you wanted. We really enjoyed the shows, karaoke, the poolside music & games and the casino.
Bars: There were waits at the bars. You had to be patient and tip these hard working bartenders and servers. Some of the pool waiters were amazing, especially Danny. We did tip him consistently and he always took great care of us and the kids.
Pool: Great fun and very relaxing. You did need to get the early bird in our group to reserve chairs. The pool was crowded but we still enjoyed it every day. Everyone was respectful and having fun.
Other passengers: When you travel out of Boston in August expect Boston area families including their children. There were lots of families, extended families, large groups and tons of kids of all ages. Our kids met great friends as did we. I found almost everyone to be having a great time. I did not see any trouble, over intoxicated people or anything obnoxious.
Bermuda: Perfect. Beautiful Island with great transportation options.
Nickel & Dime complaints: I never experienced any of this. We bought a few pictures, played a little in the casino and had one dinner at Cagney’s. I never felt pressure to buy anything. We had no interest in bingo and I never even saw the “pull-tabs” I read so much about. We had the UBP and the kids had the soda package. The $13.50 per day was well worth the amazing service we got.
We had a wonderful time & I would recommend this vacation to families. This is not a time to cruise for romantic couples or older people. I would assume that the demographics change once school starts in early September