First and last Norwegian Cruise
Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western
Sail Date: March 29, 2015
Ship: Norwegian Dawn
Cabin Type: Balcony
Cabin Number: 10032
Traveled As: Couple
Reviewed: 2 years ago
I was very disappointed with my cruise on the Norwegian Cruise for a number of reasons.
1. Overall they were more interested in selling merchandise than providing service to the passengers. A large area of the small ship was taken up by vendors with overpriced merchandise that could be purchased onshore cheaper.
2. The food in the dinning room was not up to the quality or quantity I had experienced on other cruise lines. I heard that the food was better in the dinning rooms but at additional cost. Two of our waiters were unfriendly and not qualified.
3. I did not like the fact that the gratuity was added to the on-board account. If this is the pay for the ship personal it should be included in the price of the cruise. I would rather tip the personal according to the service that was rendered. I think that this would encourage the ships personal to give better service to be rewarded for good service.
4. The ship could have been cleaner and better maintained. The carpet in our stateroom was stained and there was rust and loose bolts on the balcony.
5. The entertainment was not as good as I have seen on other cruise lines.
6. My wife and I are in our 70's and would like a area away from the children and young adults where we could just enjoy the pool and sun without so much noise and activity. I would like to see an adult only area.
Of the five other Cruise Lines that I have used, I am afraid that I would have to rate Norwegian last.
Food and Dining
Service and Staff
Cabin / Stateroom
I liked the free room service breakfast.