Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: March 29, 2015

I enjoyed the cruise.  I wish there was more than one pool on the boat.  I also wish there were more adult areas.  The boat was filled with kids.  It's also nice to have a pool with fresh water.  I know some boats have fresh water and others have salt.  The nightclub, Spinnaker, was very dark and not an appealing place to hangout at.

My biggest concern was with Le Bistro.  We were told at port before we boarded that Le Bistro was the best specialty restaurant on the boat, so we made a reservation there.  We also made a reservation at Teppanyaki.  We were very happy with our Teppanyaki experience, but NOT Le Bistro.  The service was good at Le Bistro, but the food was very bad.  A lot of times food is subjective, but our meal at Le Bistro was objectively bad!  I was with two other couples on the boat.  I paid $59.00 to eat at Le Bistro.  Our group paid a total of about $180.00, when we could have simply eaten for free at one of the main dinning rooms (where we loved the food!).  We complained about Le Bistro the last night of our cruise.  We spoke to the concierge and the maitre d.  The maitre d left me a message on the phone in my cabin the last night of the cruise and I thought she said the charge at Le Bistro would be taken off my bill, but it wasn't when I got my bill the morning of disembarking.  I checked my credit card statement and my Norweigan bill included the $59.00 charge from Le Bistro.

I would appreciate being credited the $59.00 charge at Le Bistro.  Unless I heard incorrectly, the maitre d said I would be in her voicemail to me the last night of our cruise.  I do have to acknowledge that her voicemail was very difficult to fully understand.

Please keep me advised.  Thank you.

Main dinning rooms had great food! Venetian was much nicer than Aqua.
I did not have any experience with children's programs.
Costa Maya was not a great destination. We stayed on the boat for the majority of the time.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Belize City, Belize
Tender. Takes to much time. Only stop at ports that are adequately equipped to dock boat.
Roatan (Isla Roatan), Bay Islands, Honduras
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
There was nothing in Costa Maya. It appeared to be a cruise line destination.