Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great, couple caveats...

Sail Date: March 15, 2015

Pros:

1. Had 4 stops whereas the Carnival Dream (same port, same day) had one less stop, both in Western Carribean.

2. Friendly staff! I felt pampered all week. This was my honeymoon and my wife said that it was "The best week of my life".

3. Excursions I went on were great, but the Dolphinaris tour charges $38 PER PHOTO they take. The Gumbalimba Nature Reserve tour in Roatan, Honduras was Great! They have white faced capuchin monkeys that climb on your head and macaws on the ground! They let you take your own photos!

Cons:

1. NCL "hides" some charges to show a lower fare rate. The fare in consideration is lacking a $12.95/person/day "Service Charge" that they claim goes to pay the service staff like housekeeping and the cooking staff. That should be included in the fare.

2. Belize City, Belize is a @#!^hole, take an excursion and stay out of the city. Not NCL's fault, but please don't visit that town.

Other notes:
WORTH going, just beware the additional charges and cities.

*** EDITED 3/25/15 by COMMUNITY MANAGER TO COMPLY WITH OUR COMMUNITY GUIDELINES ***

Did not experience
Room had a leaky A/C unit, got a free bottle of wine for my troubles
New Orleans, Louisiana
Go to Cafe Du Monde and get some beignets!!!
Great to walk around, very tourist-friendly. That said, it is a tourist trap.
Belize City, Belize
Stay out of the city! Go on a beach tour!
Roatan (Isla Roatan), Bay Islands, Honduras
Went to Gumbalimba nature preserve, great tour!!! People were very friendly, this place is stunningly beautiful!
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
Go to the beach! WEAR SUNBLOCK!!!