Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

This cruise and cruise ship is the best one I've been on so far.

Sail Date: March 15, 2015

I enjoyed everything about this cruise.  All of the islands were amazing places to visit.  I think Belize was my favorite.  We took a city tour on each island except for Costa Maya because it didn't look to interesting from ship, but did buy some items in the tourist area.  Cozumel had the best prices out of all the islands, so if your buying buy there and save.   The staff on the Norwegian Dawn was excellent as always.  The food was the best I've tasted out of all 4 cruises I've been on.   I would suggest this cruise to anyone

Write a comment.
The food was the best out of all my cruises.
Service and Staff All the crew very nice and helful if you get turned around.
The magic show was the best. The other entertainment was pretty good to.
Children's Programs No children involved. But I did see alot of things for the kids. I seen more on this ship than I have seen on any other.
There were a lot of onboard activities. The gym was the nicest I"ve seen on a cruise ship and you will need it after eating all that good food.
We did the dune buggy and snorkeling excursion in Cozumel and was great. The guys that lead us on the tour were very informative and took us to alot of places on the island. We had lunch and I snorkeled for the first time. Very fun.
The stateroom was nice and the bath room was a little bigger than the last few cruises I've been on. You could actually turn around in the shower.
New Orleans, Louisiana
New Orleans was great as always. It was St. Patrick's weekend so Boubon St. was quite the party. The hotels were outrageous so we stayed about 20 minutes away, but everything was great.
Cozumel was great. We toured the city in a Dune buggy and that made it more exciting.
Belize City, Belize
Belize was the best. We took a tour around the city and our guide was excellent. He showed us alot from the lowere income areas to the upper class areas.
Roatan (Isla Roatan), Bay Islands, Honduras
Honduras was also very interesting. Our tour guide was the best. He didn't talk much but he did take us around the island and stopped and the park where the were monkeys, parrots, and other animals. It was a nice outing.
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
Costa Maya looked a little deserted from the ship on one side of the island and the other side didn't look that big so we didn't go on any excursions there, but the tourist area when you get off the ship was ok. All the little stores pretty much sold the same thing and soda was $4.50. So needless to say we didn't stay long on that island, but I did hear from others it wasn't bad on a tour of the island.

For example: Reservations for restaurants will save you time! No need to bring hair dryer because there is one in the staterooms. Plenty of towels in bathroom as well as pool beach towels given to you at the pool.