Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: March 01, 2014

We cruised to the Caribbean's as we do every year and we chose the dawn based on where we wanted to go\, First mistake\, book your cruise for the ship that you have experienced the best time on as this way you might have consistency in staff.
This is one ship where I felt like I was a second class citizen\, no I don't expect any special treatment but I do expect kind and friendly service since I am paying for it.
Based upon what I experienced and what I have experienced before on other NCL cruise ship\, The dawn is not a ship I would cruise on again\, I would cruise on the s.s. minnow before I would cruise the dawn again.

Pros: Room steward\,

Cons: Shore excursion mgmt\, buffet food line\, shows were boring and musical shows were lacking in talent for what i have expereinced before on NCL.

Recommends Norwegian Dawn? No.

The buffet line was only open on one side at one time and this was during normal dinner times\, juice containers were empty except during the mornings\, forget the 24 hr. pizza station or the ice cream that is supposed to be available up to midnight.
Specialty restaurant staff was indifferent and inattentive to us as we patiently waited to order our food.
Outdated and in need of repair\, the shower door kept sliding off its track\, the balcony had carpet patch down and was taped with duct tape\, railing is pretty rusted colored\, ship is in need of a refurb in both mgmt. staff as well as design
Excursion desk management needs pull her head up out of the sand and really learn what it is to be a manager and if not then she should be fired\, 35 years as a upper manager and I was appalled at her response to me as well as to other complaints on shore excursions\, extreme uncaring negative attitude and does not represent the NCL brand.
Lets just say it was bad enough that I sent a formal letter of complaint to as well as NCL.
There was no time in between shows so if you were leaving one show and going to another show you had no time to get there before it started and also the fact that before the show they are pushing the raffle tickets in your face\, made me feel like I was on the island and trying to tell a beach vendor to back off as I already politely said no a thousand times