Will not use NCL again
Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western
Cabin Type: Balcony
Traveled As: Family (older children)
Reviewed: 4 years ago
Review SummaryMy 8th cruise and first time on NCL. Also my LAST time on NCL !
1)NCL started the cruise by charging a corkage fee for 2 bottles of wine I wanted for personal consumption in my cabin. This was a \"Bush League Money Grab\" and they should be ashamed.
2) The cabin was not clean when we arrived\, dust everywhere.
3) The cabin smelled of sewer gas\, we complained and were summarily ignored. Our cabin neighbors had the same issue with sewer smells.
4) Glasses used never got replaced
5) We saw our cabin Steward once during the trip.
6) The food in the main dining areas was so salty it was not edible\, we gave up on breakfast after 2 days. The upcharge speacialty restaurants became the only food we could stand.
7) A drawer in the cabin was held shut with DUCT tape !! Really !! Like they have never heard of magnets ?
8) My son and fiance were not able to enjoy the balcony because of the smokers on both sides. At least have no smoking floors like a hotel or eliminate smoking in the cabins.
9) I made a reservation in the SPA for a head&shoulder massage. The charge was supposed to be for $29.95\, a discount for being in port. When completed\, the charge was really $39.00 plus 18% tip. A real life bait and switch tactic !
I will never use NCL again !!
I never got over the corkage fee and will look for a non-smoking cruise with an allowance for personal wine in the cabin for future trips.
Food and Dining
Service and Staff
Cabin / Stateroom
Pros: The weather was spectacular
Cons: NCL policies concerning bring aboard wine\, SPA pricing\, food was not edible