First Time Cruise

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 25, 2015
Ship: Norwegian Dawn

I had heard rave reviews about cruising...  Bluntly, I wasn't't overly impressed.  The food was okay.  The staff is highly trained to be pleasant and helpful.  The biggest issue is that everywhere I turned the cruise line was trying to make money off of me.  Art auctions...  Bingo, Deal or no Deal, jewelry sales and presentations, buy extra drink packages or special dining options, shore excursions...  and then if you don't buy the excursions you primarily only have shopping options at the ports of call.  Cozumel was ridiculously pushy...grabbing you and pulling you into the shops or handing you merchandise and asking for money...  uuuugh.  My favorite port was Roatan, Honduras...  the least commercialized port.  It was amazing!

I missed my own cooking... lol

They go above and beyond to train the staff in pleasantries, but ask a few people if you want to make sure of a correct answer... most are new to the ship and smiling don't have a clue.

Cozumel, Mexico Did not visit port

Commercialized and PUSHY vendors
This still feels like the real deal