Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Worst food on a cruise ever!!!!

Sail Date: December 07, 2014

I have been on several cruises.  I loved the ports of call, the freestyle dining, and entertainment, but the food was awful!!!  This was the first cruise that I didn't gain weight.  The menu needs to be completely changed or fire the chef.  Very little shrimp, no lobster, no complimentary wine.  Five different desserts looked different but tasted the same, like whipped cream, carrot cake had no sugar, and the cheese cake wasn't even good.  Very little fruit and it wasn't very fresh mostly over ripe.   I also always take my kids, this was the oldest average cruise age ever.  Motorized wheelchairs galore.  Most people were friendly but there was a lot of crabby old people that didn't even want to be in an elevator with children much less the theatre.  Overall, my kids had a lot of fun but for me Norwegian is now my least favorite cruise line.

I liked the Carnival style better. They have two bunks that lower from the ceiling or off the wall.
New Orleans, Louisiana
This could have been the shortest day. Too commericalized.
Belize City, Belize
The shopping was fun.
Roatan (Isla Roatan), Bay Islands, Honduras
We saw the reaf for a glass bottom boat and took the kids to the zoo. I would like to snorkel there next time, the reaf was awesome.
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
I would have liked to have gone here first and had more time there. Very relaxing and affordable with children. It was by far the best beach on the whole trip.

It was a pain to get to the kids pool. There is no room for large comfortable pool chairs for the parents and you can forget about getting any bar service back there.