Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Bermuda

Third Mate

Worse cruise we have been on

Sail Date: June 13, 2014

The food was terrible. Tasted poorly and was cold most of the time. I even got just plain pasta and put butter on it because everything else was not good. At least they put the pre cooked  pasta in a warm bath before serving it.  The food was no better in the restaurants than in the Garden Cafe. They have a daily BBQ on the pool deck. THey had a pasta that would have been the best thing on the ship , it was cooked right and the sauce was very tasty but it was scooped from the top so that too was cold.On Many things they are almost there but they miss the final step to make things good.  Many little things that added up to putting it on the DO Not Do Again list. For instance. We got ice cream, 10 min after it opened. Held our  bowl with Ice Cream melting while 3 people tried to find spoons for us . Finally someone came with 6 spoons. That wasn't going to last long. We had to get fresh ice cream because our's was soup.

Our steward was good except he didn't put new beach towels in our room and we had an early excursion the next day. Had to find someone to get some. It seems you can't even leave a message for your steward if he's off.( unlike other ships we have been on. ) Other than that he was good.

In the halls and such we found  we had to step aside or get knocked over by staff several times. They just kept coming and we had to be the one's to move.  Not the politeness we see on other ships.  Waiting  to ask a question about special restaurant, when my husband asked, after waiting 8 min for staff to look up, if she worked there,  she rudely said you have to wait. Not, I'll be with you in a moment. The furniture was all scratched in the cafe and in our room the table was also, very dated.

The entertainment was excellant. Loved the dancers, comedian and all the shows.

If I won a cruise on this ship  I would go but I would not pay to go. We have been on 13 cruises. I think if you are on your first you may say it's good but not if you have experienced the quality of food and service of other lines. We were quite disappointed.

Loved every show.
Bermuda was very nice, unfortunately Sunday they are mostly closed and Monday was a holiday so same as Sunday and Tuesday the local busses and taxi's were on strike. The Excursion we did was OK. Where they snorkeled was cloudy and the fish were mostly the same, silver color.
Furniture needs freshening, scratched and sofa dated. Bed was Ok.
Boston, Massachusetts
Close to home. Wish there were other lines out of Boston. Too bad cruise was so disappointing

The food was terrible. Service could be better. They need to freshen up the decor. I forgot to mention earlier that smoking was allowed in the cabin across from us and in areas like some lounges and open areas you can not avoid so we smelled smoke a lot. I have allergies so it was very annoying.