Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Bermuda

Because you deserve the very best

Sail Date: June 13, 2014

Room Type: Suite

Our family of four took the June 13-June 20 Boston to Bermuda cruise via the Norwegian Dawn and it was spectacular!  We had a mini suite with balcony that proved to be spacious and spotless.  Our cabin steward was at our beck and call and keep the towels clean, beds made and mini bar stocked.  (We found the gummy bears in the mini fridge were the kids' favorites!)

The restaurants were all five star quality and we felt special (and full) after every meal.

The shore excursions were wonderful.  We took the ferry and the the bus (extremely easy to navigate) over to the Crystal Caves ourselves and had a fantastic time.  On the last day in port, we took the Glass Bottom Boat and Snorkle Cruise and loved it.  We saw a sea turtle as well as a bountiful array of gorgeous fish.

The "Just Chill" Disembarkment was the SMOOTHEST I have ever seen.  When my husband and I had travelled Carnival Cruises 17 years ago and we were stuck on a staircase for well over one hour in the heat.  I was worried what this was going to be like with our two children.  Folks, Norwegian has this down to a science.  You pick what time you want to leave the boat 8:45- 10:00 AM.  When they call out the color/time that you wanted to leave, you just walked down the gangplank.  We were off the boat in less than ten minutes.

I did order the Internet Service for work purposes and I was frustrated that I could not access the internet in my suite.  I did not realize this.  So I had to go  over to the Internet Cafe to connect.  Because of this limitations, the Internet Cafe employee amended my package without hesitation and dropped the pricing cost for me.

For me personally, I did not think my children should be "tipping" the $12/day rate.  When I explained this to, they had no concerns whatsoever and told me to go to the front desk and have my bill amended on the day before disembarkment.  Guess what!  It really was just that easy.  I walked up to the front desk and explained my beliefs and they could not have been more cordial about it.  The charges were reversed immediately.

Would I go again?  In a minute.  I have found myself already scanning the cruises for 2015!

Clean, clean, clean
Food was amazing.
Everyone was polite and wanted you to have a fantastic time.
Amazing shows. My kids would run down the hall begging us to walk faster to the shows.
We loved playing Deal or No Deal and Bingo!
Had a fabulous time.
The mini suite was larger than I thought it would be and the balcony was twice the size I thought it was going to be. All four of us plus a table fit out on the balcony in chairs!! Very comfortable. The bathroom was a fantastic size as well. Standard tub/shower. Plenty of room at the sink.
Boston, Massachusetts
We live on the South Shore so we just drove into Boston and climbed on.