Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Bermuda

Third Mate

Third time - Great each time

Sail Date: June 13, 2014

Cabin: GTY

This is the third time that I have sailed with the Dawn from Boston to Bermuda.  I love the ease of this vacation because we are close to Boston.  When I come back from this vacation I feel pampered and relaxed.   This time was no different.

The crew was wonderful to us.  Everyone was polite and friendly.  The food was much better than I would cook at home.  I love Bermuda.  We had a terrific lunch at the Swizzle Inn.  I loved sitting on the porch drinking Rum Swizzles.  I love the beaches.  We snorkled and then one day we were the only 4 people on Clearwater beach.  It was heaven!  The weather was beautiful.  We took the Fun Bus from St. George, and I recommend that as a great way to get to Clearwater.Beach.

I have read unfavorable reviews about this cruise ship before.  I think that it is all what you expect from your vacation.  If you want luxury and fine dining - you may be disappointed.  If you want a great way to spend 3 days in Bermuda with good food and great ship and friendly crew - I think you will like this cruise.  I do have two recommendations for Norweigian though.

1. you need to have a place for people to sit that isn't a restaurant and isn't a library.  We went with another couple and wanted to play cards and there really isn't a great place to do that at night.

2.  The service in the Blue Lagoon borders on unfriendly.  It is the only place in the ship that I felt that the staff wasn't up to par.  They were not attentive and almost rude.