Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Bermuda

Purser

Good cruise

Sail Date: August 01, 2013

Took the Norwegian Dawn to Bermuda out of Boston.
Positives:
Bermuda is a great place to visit and having transportation, lodging and food bundled together is a great way to visit Bermuda. We went to one of the nice hotels at Elbow Beach for a lunch and the price was ridiculous for my son pizza and fries, so eat on the ship.
The food in the restaurants was very good
The service (cabins thru wait staff) was fantastic.
The specialty restaurants were great
Gym was great both for workouts and classes
Negatives:
At least twice, they ran out of deck chairs. I thought that would be a basic issue to have in place and raises questions if they have enough of other more important things.
At least twice, we had to wait 1/2 hour for the "anytime" dining.
The general flow of the ship was awkward.
The activities (shuffleboarrd, sports deck and golf cage) were not really p to my expectations.

Pros: Bermuda was as usual a great place to visit. Service on cruise was fantastic

Cons: Ran out of deck seats twice :(. Also had to wait twice a half hour for "anytime dining. Cruise ship flow is awkward

Recommends Norwegian Dawn? Yes!

Overall in good condition.
The flow of the decks was awkward, Specifically, we had to go thru the gum or walk thru the buffet to get outside from the stair tower.
The food experience was great with two caveats.
The service at the restaurants was exceptional. The food quality was very good. If you (technically my sons) wanted a second (or third) steak, the waiters would bring it or adapt to their needs (rice instead of potatoes for example)
The two negatives are :
1) we had to wait twice for a half hour at 8PM for a table for dinner
2) the buffet seating and lines could be very long if you went at the wrong time. I don't mind searching for a table but don't like not finding a table.
Also, they didn't really scrub down the tables between use (if you are a germophobe that's not good)
Service and room was great. It was a bit smaller than the equivalent cabins on competitive lines, but I don't really mind that. Plenty of storage space. In full disclosure, we went for the smallest (cheapest) cabin because that's not where you want to spend time
Exceptional service and friendliness from all service people from cabin to food to ship officers. They really have a great service and customer attitude
THis is an area where I was a bit disappointed.
The sports deck is a relatively small area with a top net and low (9 foot) rim). My son is a basketball player and this is one of hte things that disappointed him (but he liked scuba in Bermuda).
The other traditional sports (ping pong and shuffleboard) were limited.
The golf net (we are just learning) was not in the best condition and a bit disappointing, although I could blame a bad swing on the wind :)