Great ship,Fantastic crew, so so passengers

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Tampa Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 02, 2014
Ship: Norwegian Dawn
Cabin Number: GTY

I totally enjoyed this cruise! Some of the things that make this cruise excellent, quality food at any time and a polite subservient crew unfortunately attracted the type of passengers that make for a boring aphmosphere. Pensioners (who complained a lot to staff) and overweight people with limited mobility (I suspect they liked the fact we only had to tender once). The crew were brilliant! We had to divert outward bound to Cozmul to get a passenger to hospital due to a medical emergency but we made it to our first stop in time. There was younger people on board but they spent their time mostly pool side with bars and barbecues on deck.The Dawn was recently renovated and in great condition; those who want old school cruising vs floating shopping malls will always select these type of ships. We moored next to the Norwegian Epic twice and it was huge and magnificent; I heard from one of their passengers it was also very good: more of everything that the dawn also had but better entertainment (I wouldn't know did not go to any shows...I didn't cruise to be entertained). Would I do it again? Yes but only with the Norwegian Dawn, Pearl, or other non-mega ship.

With exception of bacon Excellent!

Excellent

Spend the extra $119 dining package. The food was off the hook and very plentiful. The food in the other area's was also generous but was B + rather than A+ at the special dining facilities. Don't buy duty free liquor, it is not amazingly cheaper than at most stores and you can't drink it on board