What a disappointment. Do no book with NCL

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Tampa Roundtrip)
Sail Date: November 24, 2013
Ship: Norwegian Dawn

This was my second cruise, and I was very disappointed in my experience. I had previously cruised with Carnival, and although its at a lower price point, I had a much better experience with Carnival.

One of the biggest issues that I had was that NCL canceled my reservation roughly 30 days before the cruise, and I was unaware. It took 3 hours of being on hold, and lots of frusterating conversations to get my reservation reinstated.

Once on the boat, I quickly realized that most, if not all staff on the boat were inexperienced, and not helpful in making my trip enjoyable. Every time I asked a staff person a question, they would always say, "Let me check". NCL needs a different training model. Having a boat full of new employees during the Thanksgiving holiday is not a very smart strategy.

Below are a list of complaints. The only thing positive I can say about the cruise is that the quality of the food was good.

- Beds were hard, and pillows were lumpy

- The dining rooms could not accomodate a large party (there were 15 of us traveling together)

- The service in the dining rooms was HORRIBLE. Orders were incorrect, and the time it took to get food was very long.

- Wait staff did not make an effort to get to know any of our family

- The spa was very limiting, and did not offer many services.

- There was not a disco / night club for dancing

- Many of the public bathrooms were without papertowels and soap on the last night of the cruise, as well as the last day

- Boarding was delayed, and the accomodations to wait to get on the boat were subpar. Checking in was great, getting on was horrible.

- Getting off of the boat took way too long. We did not start disembarking until 11amish, and it took forever.

The quality of the food was good. The service was HORRIBLE.

No one had any answers

Rooms were fine. Beds and pillows were hard and uncomfortable. Public restrooms were in poor quality.

Boarding the ship took too long. There were not enough seats to accomodate everyone who was waiting. When they did start allowing people to board, it was very disorganized.