What a disappointment. Do no book with NCL
Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western
Sail Date: November 24, 2013
Ship: Norwegian Dawn
Cabin Type: Oceanview
Cabin Number: 8636
Traveled As: Large Group
Reviewed: 4 years ago
This was my second cruise, and I was very disappointed in my experience. I had previously cruised with Carnival, and although its at a lower price point, I had a much better experience with Carnival.
One of the biggest issues that I had was that NCL canceled my reservation roughly 30 days before the cruise, and I was unaware. It took 3 hours of being on hold, and lots of frusterating conversations to get my reservation reinstated.
Once on the boat, I quickly realized that most, if not all staff on the boat were inexperienced, and not helpful in making my trip enjoyable. Every time I asked a staff person a question, they would always say, "Let me check". NCL needs a different training model. Having a boat full of new employees during the Thanksgiving holiday is not a very smart strategy.
Below are a list of complaints. The only thing positive I can say about the cruise is that the quality of the food was good.
- Beds were hard, and pillows were lumpy
- The dining rooms could not accomodate a large party (there were 15 of us traveling together)
- The service in the dining rooms was HORRIBLE. Orders were incorrect, and the time it took to get food was very long.
- Wait staff did not make an effort to get to know any of our family
- The spa was very limiting, and did not offer many services.
- There was not a disco / night club for dancing
- Many of the public bathrooms were without papertowels and soap on the last night of the cruise, as well as the last day
- Boarding was delayed, and the accomodations to wait to get on the boat were subpar. Checking in was great, getting on was horrible.
- Getting off of the boat took way too long. We did not start disembarking until 11amish, and it took forever.