Dawn--Horrible honeymoon experience!!!!

Contributor Level: Third Mate

invalid-35168
Sail Date: March 31, 2013
Ship: Norwegian Dawn
This was my honeymoon and it was horrible!!! I was reduced to tears on more than once due to

1- The terrible food (fake eggs served in main dining rooms, low quality food (slop) served daily. Nothing cooked to order unless you are in a specialty restaurant. Everything from foods to desserts were store bought/canned or previously frozen. Hamb/hot dogs served EVERYDAY for lunch. One day during the afternoon it was Mexican cuisine day in the buffet. It has pork in beans, red beans and black beans all served seperately on the buffet. That evening in the Venetian restaurant, they combined all 3 of these items into one pot and served it as a side item with the pork chops. This totally took the cake and again i was in tears being kept hostage on a boat in the middle of the sea and being served TRASH.

2- The service was horrible as in the dining rooms, you must wait and seek out servers.

3- The public bathrooms were disgusting and poorly maintained. Loads of water on the floors at all times. The smell of sewage was always present.

4- The tables in the pool area were never cleaned/readied as trash/leftover foods stayed on the tables for hours at a time without clearing.

5- At the very end of the cruise, we met Chef Brown in the specialty restaurant Le Bistro who I told my plight to. He is a great CHEF (most likely the only real chef onboard). He prepared a special meal for my new husband and I both Friday and Saturday nights. These were most likely the best meals we had on or off the ship in awhile. Yes, we paid the 20.00 per person fees but it was well worth every dime.

6- The maitre d explained they only serve real eggs on request on the entire ship!!! Otherwise the fake eggs is Norwegians standard practice for everyone. When at the egg station at the buffet, the "chef" making the omelettes had to call over a co-worker EVERYDAY when asked for fresh eggs instead of the egg substitute product. WHAT??? A 'chef' cannot crack eggs???

7- I had another Norwegian cruise already booked for 9/6/13 on the Sun. I was so dissapointed and outraged at the overall conditions that I spent over 45.00 while onboard to call and cancel that upcoming reservation. I NEVER desire to have another norwegian experience again!!!!! To add insult to injury, I lost the insurance money as well as a 100.00 cancellation fee for the cancellation of the September cruise...I am still fuming!!

Horrible..everything was canned unless you eat at the specialty restaurants which are amazing

Dirty baths and public areas..smelled of sewage in some places