Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: February 17, 2013

Not realizing I was not to bring liquor on board, they went through my luggage and confiscated it not only that I am now missing a strand of cultured pearls that were my late mothers and a pair of diamond earrings my late husband had given me. I had them in a little black velvet bag and a gold chain that had small black beads.
To say I am upset is to put it mildly. I don't know if they were taken when they went through my suitcase or if they were taken from the room. I didn't miss them until I went to wear them. Also we were all detained due to heavy fog, when it was finally time to disembark there was very little communication and a lot of confusion. I was also disappointed in the entertainment this time. I've been on the dawn before and never had a problem. The toilet had to be fixed as well as the hot water in the shower would not shut off.

Do not keep valuables in suitcase.